Why are racking inspections needed?
- Racking inspections are an integral part of NSI’s System of Rack Safety
- All pallet racking should be properly maintained and in good order. Racking safety inspections are required to comply with the PUWER (The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations) guidelines, in order to maintain health and safety standards and to prevent and minimise the effect of accidents in the workplace. The regulations clearly state that racking should be regularly inspected by a person proven competent to do so.
- The majority of our customers elect for an annual formal racking inspection by our qualified SARI (SEMA Authorised Rack Inspector), however in incidents of high traffic or high damage, these formal inspections will be carried out every 6 months. In addition, customers also conduct their own weekly and monthly visual checks, trained by our SARI in how to do this.
Benefits of Regular Rack Inspections:
- All racking inspections are carried out in accordance with SEMA Racking Inspection guidelines and ensure your racking is compliant with the law.
- We offer a fast efficient pallet racking inspection service which is backed up by a detailed rack inspection report and comprehensive rack damage summaries which break down the damage by both risk level and damage type.
- Easy to understand, jargon free inspection report.
- We provide a personal service ensuring confidence and continuity from a SEMA approved rack inspector (SARI), who will get to know your installation in great detail and provide an easy to understand, jargon free inspection report.
- A formal notice of all RED RISK items is issued on the day of the inspection so immediate action can be taken by you to offload an unsafe rack.
- We also offer customised onsite pallet rack inspection training allowing you to conduct your regular internal weekly and monthly inspections in compliance with HSE guidelines and defined in HSG 76.
See also Mezzanine Floor Safety Inspections
We are SEMA Approved
We have been awarded a Highly Commended Status by the Storage Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA).READ MORE
Browse Our Catalogue
NSI Catalogue is a leading UK industrial supplier and workplace equipment company with over 20,000 items.TAKE A LOOK