Pallet Live Racking
Pallet live racking and push back racking are commonly chosen warehouse storage solutions to maximise space in the warehouse flow process.
Pallet Live applications fall into two main categories:
- LIFO -push back racking, with the leading pallet pushed back into dense pallet storage, either using a roller or trolley system.
- FIFO – based pallet live systems, featuring loading at the rear and picking from the front of a dense block of storage, with gravity rollers or trolley presenting pallets for picking at the front.
Brake rollers and pallet separator mechanisms at the pick end ensure the safe passage and retrieval of pallets. When supplying pallet live we would insist on clients supplying a number of typical pallets that we would run in our testbed facility in the Midlands.
LIFO – Push Back Racking
- Pallets are loaded in sequence. During loading, pallets are pushed back to utilise the full depth of the racking. Gravity pushes the next pallet to the front when one is removed.
- Pallets are loaded and retrieved from one face only to optimise space.
- Quick and easy individual product SKU access is by each slot rather than by lane or level.
- Provides good occupancy rates within a high-density system and a variety of pallet types can be stored together.
- Conventional fork-lift trucks can be used.
LIFO – Gravity Fed Racking
- Great for taking product direct from production lines.
- Each roller bed supports one SKU.
- Theoretically lane length is infinite, but the number of items per SKU and the height of the on-load levels determined by the incline (typically 4%) determines this.
- When used as dispatch lanes, 13 deep runs ensure thee pallet live storage racking to can make for easy 26 pallet complete lorry loads.
- Can lead to reduced vehicle time as well as travel time for in-house transport, and of course dramatically minimise the footprint of dispatch lanes.
Benefits of Pallet Live and Push Back Racking:
- Significant increase in pallet storage density.
- The increase in efficiency of pallet live over conventional racking can be up to 60%.
- Efficient preparation for despatch at the loading dock.
- Significant reduction of travel times.
- Good overview of all items on stock.
- Increased productivity due to separate loading and picking aisles on pallet live.
- Customer specific solutions – tested with your original storage units (we’ll put trial bays in).
- Automated loading and/or retrieval possible in both pallet live and push back racking.
We are SEMA Approved
We have been awarded a Highly Commended Status by the Storage Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA).READ MORE
Browse Our Catalogue
NSI Catalogue is a leading UK industrial supplier and workplace equipment company with over 20,000 items.TAKE A LOOK