Drive-in racking provides a highly space-efficient solution to the storage and throughput of palletised goods at a relatively low price per pallet stored.
By dispensing with access aisles, drive-in racking provides high-density storage in a given area to increase capacity by some 60-80% over conventional ‘aisle’ racking. Pallets are stored on support rails in the depth of the racking, and forklift trucks can enter these ‘storage lanes’ to deposit or retrieve loads. Access can be from one end (the true ‘drive-in’ configuration) or from both ends (‘drive through’, for improved stock rotation).
Drive-in pallet racking can have heights of up to 11 metres allow the full height and floor area of the building to be used to provide maximum cubic storage space. This form of pallet racking has vast structural strength and stability, with section uprights with rails and bolt fixings.
NSI will supply and install drive in pallet racking using larger structural components, with fewer parts – meaning you could be paying less for your pallet racking system, without compromising on load capacity. All of our drive in rack solutions are devised to ensure all health and safety regulations are met. Benefits of Drive-in Pallet Racking
- Allows high-density storage with pallet-retrieval from one face only, except with the drive through, FIFO applications.
- Designed for situations when maximum density, economical storage is more important than stock selection or rotation.
- Suitable for fragile loads and seasonal goods with low stock rotation.
- Ideal for cold / chill storage and bulk storage applications.
- Conventional fork-lift trucks can be used (although occasional some cab modification can be required).
We are SEMA Approved
We have been awarded a Highly Commended Status by the Storage Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA).READ MORE
Browse Our Catalogue
NSI Catalogue is a leading UK industrial supplier and workplace equipment company with over 20,000 items.TAKE A LOOK