Perfect Recruitment, A Perfect Fit-out Solution
Perfect Recruitment, a busy recruitment firm based in Chorley, in the North West, required a larger premises due to the success of their business. After the initial meeting with the client to understand the requirements of the office refurbishment, NSI produced several bespoke design solutions for the complete interior fit-out of a basic commercial unit to meet the business aspirations of the client. The final agreed design met the requirements in terms of functionality and cost, with the aesthetics of the scheme being very important due to business sector that the client operated in.
NSI Projects acted as Principal Designer and Principal Contractor in line with the requirements of the current CDM Regulations, helping the client comply with their obligations during this process. As provisional Building Control Approval had been agreed at design stage the full application process was straight forward with the completion certificate being issued on the completion of the works. As usual and as required the client was issued with a full Handover and Maintenance pack for the scheme.
The office refurbishment involved:
- Mezzanine floor – designed to be suitable for office use, and therefore limited deflection. All mezzanines can and will deflect, but because of the required use we designed the floor to deflect less and therefore reduce any ‘bounce’ (when we have designed floors for Gyms we have designed the floor to deflect even less). It costs more but the client gets what they need.
- Staircase – a modified version of a standard design, so carpet could be installed.
- Partitioning – with full height window units giving the visual impact of a fully glazed system but at a fraction of the cost.
- Fire Rating – the structure was fire rated and NSI ‘hid’ the columns and bracing behind studwork to render them either unseen or less intrusive.
- Lighting, emergency lighting, power, data points and smoke detection were supplied to meet the customers and building control requirements
- Air conditioning (heating and cooling) to the entire scheme.
- Dry lining of the existing block and cladded exterior walls
- First floor ceiling – designed to flow with the existing roof, transparent ceiling tiles were installed under existing roof lights to let in natural light.
Here’s what Lisa Brady, Company Director at Perfect Recruitment had to say about the successful project:
“Our recent office relocation was a vital part of our strategy to support the image of Perfect Recruitment and the growth ambitions of our company. In searching for interior fit-our companies in the North West, it was essential that we found a company that shared our vision of what these offices would look like, a company that would help us through the minefield of red tape and legislation now required on a fit-out that was rather daunting to us, and could best match our wish-list of desired specification and quality against our budget constraints. NSI Projects impressed from the outset with their desire to listen, to interact with us on every stage of design, with their knowledge of all the relevant legislation and their professional implementation of the project plan. We are delighted with our outcome in terms of the facility and also in the choice of our partner NSI projects and would be happy to recommend them unequivocally”